Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

steph_io
Advocate II
Advocate II

cannot publish to web, when using a certified shared dataset

I have a report that uses a certified dataset that is stored in a separate workspace.

Now I am unable to use the 'Publish to web' of the service to share the report.

Is this a known issue or should I investigate other reasons for why I'm no longer able to share the report in this way.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jpsanabria
Frequent Visitor

This is a frustrating limitation of PowerBi. What is the point of having a universal source of truth like a shared live dataset if that dataset is locked away?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It could be because the certified dataset might be classified as a live connected dataset?

Here are the current limitations
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The dataset is an import of content from sharepoint excel files.  So the dataset itself is not a live connection, but since this separate report is using a shared PBI dataset as the source, the report has a 'live connection' to that PBI dataset?

Hi there

Yes that is correct, because it is using a Live Connection, that is one of the limitations with Publish to Web.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors