Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tengmin123
Frequent Visitor

cannot display image in paginated report.

I want to display an image in paginated report. the data source is a shared data source in power BI report server, which is a cassandra database. the image is saved as text in cassandra which was transfered from sql database as varbinary(max).  I cannot change its format in query. I want to ask how to show the picture in paginated report. for now I use the expression: CByte(Fields!FULL_GRAPHIC.Value). But it display a red X when i run the report. anyone knows can help to solve this problem. Thank you.

@v-easonf-msft 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Tengmin123 

Now you say that the data type is blob, obviously, this data type doesn't support transform to pictures. Can you change the format to text in Casssandra?

If it doesn't work, then it is a software adaptation problem. We can't solve it. We can only think of some workarounds, just import them directly as I said. Or you can use sql server.

Or you can connect the data in powerbi, and then you can change the format to text. After publishing to the service, you can connect to the dataset in report builder, and then it can be displayed normally.

Reference:Author and Share Power BI Reports on Real-Time Cassandra Data (cdata.com)

I tried my best to help you, hope you can understand what I mean.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Please try using Base64 conversion! you may do it in a calculated field in your dataset. Click "Add" and add a new calaculated field in your dataset to try this.

AbhiSSRS_0-1619514775733.png

=System.Convert.FromBase64String(Fields!ImageFieldName.Value)

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Tengmin123 

Can you download the images, and then add it directly by adding image? It may be the most convenient way.

v-janeyg-msft_0-1619407794198.png

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This solution not work for me, cuz the picture is selected by parameter. For now, I already transform the pic data in cassandra databse to 'blob' but still cannot display. do you have any idea to solve this?

Hi, @Tengmin123 

I tried my best to reproduce your scene and found it can be displayed. I create it in SQL and connect it ,then choose add image and make the setting, like this:

sql:

v-janeyg-msft_0-1619425221680.jpeg

report builder:

1.png

2.png

Reference:How to upload multiple images to SQL Server (sqlshack.com)

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-janeyg-msft 

Before migrate data to Casssandra, the pic is also in sql and its data type is varbinary(max). and the report also can display it if I connect the report with sql db. but after migrate data to cassandra, the data type is blob and it cannot display now.

this is the query I use(cuz Cassandra cannot use character @, I use the function to form query)

Tengmin123_0-1619496762507.pngTengmin123_1-1619496790551.pngTengmin123_2-1619496819628.png

I really cannot find the problem. Can you help to check what's the problem? Thank you.

Regards,

Teng Min

Hi, @Tengmin123 

Now you say that the data type is blob, obviously, this data type doesn't support transform to pictures. Can you change the format to text in Casssandra?

If it doesn't work, then it is a software adaptation problem. We can't solve it. We can only think of some workarounds, just import them directly as I said. Or you can use sql server.

Or you can connect the data in powerbi, and then you can change the format to text. After publishing to the service, you can connect to the dataset in report builder, and then it can be displayed normally.

Reference:Author and Share Power BI Reports on Real-Time Cassandra Data (cdata.com)

I tried my best to help you, hope you can understand what I mean.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Power BI Report Server

© 2022 Microsoft. All rights reserved

Version1.14.8179.37378(May 2022)

After upgrade of server we are unable to see Image in one report can you please help on this issue using URL

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors