Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Magnolia
Frequent Visitor

cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary - Power BI Service Refresh Error

I have a report that refreshes perfectly on Desktop. It uses Sharepoint List, Sharepoint folder where is looks for newest csv file and Power BI dataset. I published it on Power BI Service and scheduled a refresh which returns constantly this error: 

Last refresh failed: Mon Apr 25 2022 12:53:52 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Processing error:We cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary.
Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:4a0077e4-b62f-4830-963a-3028a6d0d7c3
Request ID:fe4e52bd-16c0-34d3-ca98-154ee26e5d37
Time:2022-04-25 10:53:52Z

I have checked that the Data Sources are set on Organizational and nothing seems to help. 

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. This error could be an issue with your M script within your Power BI Desktop file. There might a data type conversion of binary before combining or opening the last file that is preventing the engine to read the record as binary. Please check it in your Power Bi Desktop. Try refreshing and checking the code.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

That's unfortunetly not it 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors