Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nexter8
Regular Visitor

can't update Data Source Credentials

I can't update any data source credentials. I clicked "sign in"  and the update did not complete overnight.

I tried any data source: R script, MS SQL, local Excel files

I tried reinstall gateway

Снимок.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I removed cookie and can update credentials.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue, I can't update data source credentials for my on premises excel files. For new dataset  "blank" privacy level option is available and credentials works okay. For old datasets "blank" private level not available, hence can’t update the credentials.

I have updated the credentials and privacy level in power bi desktop and republish it in power bi service. I have also  removed cookies, tried with Chrome and IE. But still have the same issue.

Any suggestion what to do next?

I'm having the same issues as @Anonymous , have done the republish, reinstall and remove cookies and well and have had no luck.

nexter8
Regular Visitor

if  for new dataset set blank privacy level then credentials update. But i can't set blank privacy leve for old dataset

hi, @nexter8 

If you could try to change the  Credentials and privacy levels in power bi desktop and then republish it power bi service.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-privacy-levels

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi, @v-lili6-msft  I set "ignore the privacy levels and potentially improve perfomanse" in options Power BI Desctop.
for data source settings in options Power BI Desctop, i set privasy level in "None". But in Power BI Service do not update credentials

Снимок3.PNG

Снимок2.PNG

I removed cookie and can update credentials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors