Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bkxn226
Helper I
Helper I

can't send pdf attachments with premium per user

I have exactly the same problem here, but the solution did not help me.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Full-report-attachment-checkbox-is-disabled-while-adding-th...

I have a premium per user capacity but it does not let me send reports as pdf.  I looked and all permissions should allow me to send to anyone.  When my users go into the report they can export.  So there should be no reason that an email doesn't work.  Really confusing - any help would be appreciated!

powerbipremium.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Johan
Advocate II
Advocate II

what also can be the case is that the dataset is in a different (non-ppu) workspace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats not true, even I have a pro trial version and I was able to create a premium per user worksapce with that. But what I came to know is the report size, I tried with a report of much smaller size and it worked and gave me option for attachement but it didn't work with a large report whose export to pdf was approx. 50mb. Please give thumbs up or mark as solution. I am very confident about it becasue I tested all these scenarios.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bkxn226 

Premium Per User license supports Full attachment as PDF or PPTX. Have you ever try these steps?

1 Deploy the workspace to Premium capacity

v-cazheng-msft_0-1616467320649.png

v-cazheng-msft_1-1616467320653.png

v-cazheng-msft_2-1616467320655.png

2 Check whether the restrictions mentioned in the previous case is violated and Remove some unnecessary visuals, here is a example you can refer:

Remove visulas uncessary to reduce the size of the pbix and then full attachment as can be used.

v-cazheng-msft_3-1616467320663.png

v-cazheng-msft_4-1616467320669.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you  are searching for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @bkxn226 ,

I don't think you can send PDF subscriptions even with Premium per user. The solution of community link you have provided is about exporting to PDF which is a different not the same as sending PDF attachments with subsctiptions.

As per my knowledge, you can send PDF subscriptions only using features of Power BI Report Builder + Premium or Embedded License.

Check below thread:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Send-full-reports-in-PDF-format-to-email-subscribers/m-p/11...

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

There's a picture of it working here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/full-report-attachment-for-subscriptions-for-power-bi-premi...

"As we’re previously stated, someone with a Premium per user license may subscribe anyone in their tenant who has a Power BI Pro license to a subscription that includes the full report attachment.  "

@bkxn226 ,

I don't think it is available with Trial license. I tried the same(Premium Per User Trial) and even I'm getting the full attachment disabled as well.

You might need to purchase Premium Per User license.

You can confirm this by connecting to Power BI Support. Link

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats not true, even I have a pro trial version and I was able to create a premium per user worksapce with that. But what I came to know is the report size, I tried with a report of much smaller size and it worked and gave me option for attachement but it didn't work with a large report whose export to pdf was approx. 50mb. Please give thumbs up or mark as solution. I am very confident about it becasue I tested all these scenarios.

Thanks for the responses.  Would be great if someone from Microsoft could confirm.  Weird to me that they'd write a blog post about it and mention it.  

@bkxn226 were you able to confirm if this is true?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors