Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cphite
Helper I
Helper I

can connect to OData source in desktop but not on SSRS/PBI site

I have a report that uses several data sets that have been published to our on-prem SSRS/Power BI site.  I can connect to these via ODATA connections in the Power BI Desktop app and they work just fine.  I can deploy the report to the site, and it works; the problem is when I try to create a scheduled refesh job it fails with the error below.  I have the ODATA sources using a Windows account that definitely has access to navigate to the datasets on SSRS, and I have the firewall disabled just in case it was an issue.

All of the data sets are running queries against a local SQL Server instance on the same server.

When the error comes up, it's almost always a different dataset that is named; I assume this is just a result of timing, but mention it just in case it's relevant.  

[0] -1055784932: The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid. (Source at http://myServerName/Reports/api/v2.0/datasets(path='/Power%20BI%20Reports/Sales/manufacturer')/data.). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[1] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[3] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[4] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[5] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Power BI Report Server...

I figured it out...  I had to set the credentials on the report itself, not just the data sources - on the report they were set to Anonymous.  First time deploying this way 😄

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is this Power BI Report Server or Power BI Service?

Power BI Report Server...

I figured it out...  I had to set the credentials on the report itself, not just the data sources - on the report they were set to Anonymous.  First time deploying this way 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors