Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gabrielbur

call a web api to retrieve machine learning results and create a report in power bi

Hi I am new in power Bi. I have a web service which is the result of my Machine Learning Azure training. I would like to show a report in my dashboard with the result of calling this web service. I cannot find the way to create a datasource with the api rest call. Any ideas?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gabrielbur

Thanks, I get to my goal doing something similar of what you've proposed. I have created a Data Factory in ML, which triggers a scheduled pipeline. This data factory, calls the web service ML which saves the result in SQL Azure DB. Then Power Bi is connected to SQL Azure DB and takes the last prediction.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielbur

Thanks, I get to my goal doing something similar of what you've proposed. I have created a Data Factory in ML, which triggers a scheduled pipeline. This data factory, calls the web service ML which saves the result in SQL Azure DB. Then Power Bi is connected to SQL Azure DB and takes the last prediction.

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

The general web connector is not correct for this instance. You want to use the Azure Marketplace connector.

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2014/10/19/sentiment-analysis-in-excel-with-azure-machine-learning-and-...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Power  BI Desktop has the ability to connect to a web service.

Get Data -> Other -> Web

I could succesfully create on Power BI Desktop, but it is not updated on my power bi web. It mantains the value it had when I published the report. I would like to update the values on power bi web site, and to connect to the web service to update the value.

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@gabrielbur

Maybe try the information from this Power BI Blog article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-azure-ml/

@gabrielbur

There seems no way to modify the connection string in powerbi service, you can vote it up.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/8786290-ability-to-change-the-dat...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors