Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

modi123p
Helper III
Helper III

buttons are rendered differently on PBI Service

Hi, 

I m using PNG images for effect on Action Buttons (Custom) that link to pages wthin the report.

But I see that the rendering on PBI service is different from PBI desktop.

For example: I see a thick white border around the button images (Shape: Rounded rectangle)

For reference, I have attached buttons used, configuration and the snapshot of Difference in rendering.

Is this a bug? How can I avoid seeing the white borders?

Different Rendering Of Images.PNG

button_1.png

button_0.png

Configuration.png

Thanks,

Mannu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
modi123p
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Thick white borders show up in Power BI Service when I use Rounded Rectangle for Shape with 50% corner radius.

As a Work around, I used "Rectangle" for shape and explicitly specified height/2 px as corner radius and explictly set Blur, Radius, Weight properties under Icon, Outline, Shape Shadow, Shape glow, Shadow and Border to 0 before turning them off. Even if they were turned off.. they had default values whch somehow resulted in thick white border.

This seems like a bug and the behavior is similar on both Chrome and IE edge.

Thanks,

Mannu

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
modi123p
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Thick white borders show up in Power BI Service when I use Rounded Rectangle for Shape with 50% corner radius.

As a Work around, I used "Rectangle" for shape and explicitly specified height/2 px as corner radius and explictly set Blur, Radius, Weight properties under Icon, Outline, Shape Shadow, Shape glow, Shadow and Border to 0 before turning them off. Even if they were turned off.. they had default values whch somehow resulted in thick white border.

This seems like a bug and the behavior is similar on both Chrome and IE edge.

Thanks,

Mannu

Hi, @modi123p  

Have you tried everything I suggest you? No such bug has been received so far.

If possible, please share a sample file containing button, then we can test it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

@v-janeyg-msft 

https://github.com/modi123p-github/Public-Test/blob/main/Test-ImageRendering2.pbit

Please check PBIT above. Difference can be seen after publishing the report into Service.

Configuration.png

Hi, @modi123p 

From the template you shared, the buttons I saw already have borders in desktop. Compared with buttons without borders, I found that the shape settings are different, so the white border(in rounded rectangle) is just by design. If you don’t think it looks good, you can set it to rectangle 100px uniformly.

vjaneygmsft_0-1634547602215.png

I think your file on the desktop and the file on the service should not be the same.

vjaneygmsft_1-1634548033475.png

After the modification, I check on the service that everything is normal. And there are no bugs.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @modi123p 

I tried to reproduce your scene, but failed. Everything works fine for me. 

Is your screenshot in the desktop or in the service?

I suggest you re-publish the file to the service, or change the settings to compare.

If possible, please share a sample file containing button, then we can test it.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors