cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Glenn_Rasmussen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

bullet chart

I can no longer see my bullet chart in bi service. It works fine in desktop but disappear in the bi service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drewd25 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: bullet chart

Hello Glenn,

I've found a workable fix on my end. Assuming, you want the visual to display a single metric as an aggregation of your filtered context, I would do the following:

1. Add a custom column to the same table your value exists on and give all rows in the column a value of 1 (or any value as long as it's constant across rows).

2. Add this column to the "Category" component within the visual.

3. Republish.

8 REPLIES 8
BonganeN Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

We are also experiencing the same issue. Can someone assist?

Regards,

Drewd25 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We are seeing the same issue on our end. Many users' reports are being affected currently.

Drewd25 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello Glenn,

I've found a workable fix on my end. Assuming, you want the visual to display a single metric as an aggregation of your filtered context, I would do the following:

1. Add a custom column to the same table your value exists on and give all rows in the column a value of 1 (or any value as long as it's constant across rows).

2. Add this column to the "Category" component within the visual.

3. Republish.

Frequent Visitor

Fantastic. Thanks!

oliver8m Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue (Bullet Chart 1.8.0.0 from Microsoft). Is there a way to report the bug?

Frequent Visitor

Yes. Just add a category to the chart. I have made a new tabel with one column with value "1" and added this.

oliver8m Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm asking if there is a way to report this bug to the Power BI team. I have many of these visuals and I don't want to add a column to all my tables just for a temporary fix.

Is the Category field mandatory? What's its purpose? I can't find any information about it and can't make sense of what it's for.

baatch Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I also have this problem on alot of reports. Please put out an support article for this and a timeline for a fix!