Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

detlev
Helper I
Helper I

build permission not inherited from dashboard (in contrast to read and reshare)

Before the introduction of build permission, all permissions (applied to groups in our case) on new published datasets were cascading inherited from existing dashboards on which there reports were pinned.

After the introduction of build permission something strange happens.
The read en reshare permissions are still inherited from the dashboard access settings.
But the much discussed build permission is not inherited this way.

That leaves us with all new published reports without having build permission on its dataset. Which in its place restricts our endusers of exporting their data to excel.

The only workaround seems to reshare the dashboard with the group again (and tag the build box) It seems that all underlying datasets have the right permissions then.

How do other users cope with this incomplete build permission inheritance issue? 

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @detlev 

I'm not quite understand your problem, do you mean the permission set in dashboard has inherited to report and dataset? but some of them act different?

It probably relates to the permisson you set :

003.PNG

And the restriction of exporting as excel is setting under Admin portal>Tenant setting:

004.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors