Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

best way to update report in specified workspace

when i publish changes report to My workspace, it only affect the report at my workspace only.

However the same report also are used at few of custom workspace.

What is best way to make it effect to all workspace instead of My workspace only?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you publish the report, go to the web app and select the three-dot next to your report. and you can select to save a copy of the report to multiple workspaces.

skygold16_0-1620024511783.png

this way will create a duplicate report to customize workspace.

i need to delete the said report 1st at customize workspace before do this 'Save as' method which is, it was consume time and required additional step to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will overwrite the existing report if any (provided you have the same name). And have you actually tried doing this? Using this option you can save to multiple workspaces in one go. I guess that's the amount of effort you will have to put in anyways.  

hi sir,

i have did many couple of time and when u 'Save as' it will create duplicate report. it will not overwrite the same report name.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that's the case, then I can think of the only solution would be to write some power shell script to publish the report automatically. I haven't done it myself but just pointing to think it in that direction. Or possibly use the ALM toolkit. Again, I haven't tried it myself but just trying to point in possible directions. 

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

• To my knowledge, there is no workaround to update all changes to the same report. You need to republish it to different workspaces if you would like to change both dataset and layout design.

Yeah that is the conclusion.

Hi @space83 ,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Yuna

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @space83 ,

Based on your description, do you mean that there are the same reports, including dataset and layout design of it, in different workspaces?

• If you copy it to another workspace, all reports based on that dataset will automatically refresh, regardless of whether they are in the same workspace after refreshing a dataset.
  • If you make changes to the pbix File on Power BI Desktop and then upload to the original workspace, the parts related to the dataset will be updated at the same time, but the layout design of the report will not change, such as visualizations' types and layout.
  • To my knowledge, there is no workaround to update all changes to the same report. You need to republish it to different workspaces if you would like to change both dataset and layout design.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

the problem are not solved because this is lack of power bi. let say i have 10 workspace using report A. when i changes visual in report A, i need to publish to all 10 workspace 1 by 1.

Hi @space83 ,

Thanks for your reply. 

As of now, Power BI does not support to this feature.

For your requirement, you can vote for this idea or propose new idea. If there are enough votes, the Product Team will evaluate and take good consideration about it.

Microsoft Idea  · Synced refresh on Copied reports across Power BI workspaces

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors