Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

basic question on reading view

hi

let's say i'm crating a new report. how can other users can use the report (reading view - can change filters, etc. )

the only way i know is to share a dashboard - and then users can enter the report itself.

and another question - while in reading view, how user (that doesn't use power bi, he uses the report for analytics only) supposed to know how to use these filters?

thanks a lot! appreaciate your help

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@MP_123

In Power BI, it's not supported share a report directly. If you just need to access the original data, you can either create a content pack and create copy to edit the reports, or you can create those dashboards, reports , datasets within a group and grant permission to your users for access. For more details, see: How should I share Power BI dashboards and reports?

Regards,

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

One of the ways you can do this is to create a Content pack and then share this with your users.

Here are details on how to achieve this: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-6-2-create-content-packs/ 

This will give them the ability to start with your reports and then they can make the changes the require.

In terms of the user then using the report in the reading view, there would either need to be some documentation or training around the data and how to interact with the slicers and data, so that they can gain the insights that they require.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors