Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

b2b can't access workspaces or publish their own content

i see b2b guest users limitations in below portal . can i assume that even if b2b users have license also they cannot access workspaces . The license just helps them for the content view via apps . is my understanding correct ?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b#next-steps

Considerations and Limitations

• External B2B guests are limited to consumption of content only. External B2B guests can view apps, dashboards, reports, export data and create email subscriptions for dashboards and reports. They can't access workspaces or publish their own content.

12 REPLIES 12
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Until now, i have tested with several organizational accounts.

all show:

after inviting the external user in my organization, I can add this external user in my app workspace.

But The external user can’t see this app workspace on their side.

even the behavior looks a bit strange, I suggest you follow the article's guide.

Although, i have asked PG, If i get any information, i will tell you.

Best Regrads

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : did you hear anything from PG team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft :any update on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : It may be related to license issue ?. Whether external user as pro license did he able to access?.

Did you test this scenerio ?

Hi @Anonymous

I forgot to mention in my previous post, the exteranl user in my test has a pro account.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft :  Then can you check with PG team  on if this limitation from powerbi?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Yes, your understanding is right.

If b2b users who have licenses are out of your organization, you can't add them as members of your app workplace.

Best Regards
Maggie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : Thanks for answer . will we get error if we add them to workspaces if we try to add them as members to workpsace ?

Hi @Anonymous

As tested, after inviting the external user to my organization, i can add the external user's email in my app workspace as a member, but the user can't find my app workspace on their side.

i will ask PG whether it is by default or an issue.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : can you please check and let me know

Hi @Anonymous

Yes, i am doing more test on this, i will let you know.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : ok sure

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors