Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mrecinto

azure billing and usage portal MaxDate

Hello, I'm new to PowerBI and found the Azure Usage and Billing Portal from Microsoft.   I implemented this and it works great, however, my AzureEndUsageDate (MaxDate) is always the date I implemented the solution.  I doesn't chagne to anotehr date.  If I want managers to see how much is used to the day, how do I change this?    Is it in the SQL script or in the PowerBI report?

Thanks!

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
mrecinto

Thank you for the reply.

Again, I'm new to PowerBI, I'm mainly a server admin who is excited to learn about reporting.   I basically followed all the steps on this link.   https://github.com/Microsoft/AzureUsageAndBillingPortal/blob/master/Documentation/HOWTO.md  

I'm using PowerBI desktop to create the report and the zoomed in area for MaxDate is highlighted in the picture.   It seems static.   I also want to know that I had to get a basic PowerBI account for demonstration purposes, for employee will probably get an Enterprise account if this solution is what they like.  Would that hinder me from any functions relating to updating dates?  

My goal is for them or myself to open the report and it changes or updates the MaxDate past 11/10

screenshot_AzureBilling.JPG

Hi @mrecinto,

Does the above date come from a field of imported table in Power BI Desktop? If so, is the field updated every day in your table? If the field is updated, you can publish the Power BI Desktop to Power BI Service, and schedule refresh for your dataset and the MaxDate report.

Also check if  you want to achieve the requirement as described in  this blog.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mrecinto

Hello,

I"m not sure this is the correct board.  I'm new to PowerBI. I am a system admin and found the Azure Billing and Portal solution from Microsoft.

I have implemented it and it is great!  However, my 'MaxDate' area is ALWAYS the date that I implemented the solution (11/10/16).

Is there a way to change this so that it is the day the report is run or it is 'today's date'?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi @mrecinto,

Could you please describe more details and post a screenshot about that how you display the report of azure billing and usage portal in Power BI?

If you connect to Azure Enterprise content pack for Power BI, I am afraid that you cannot change the date, you have less control on the content pack. As mentioned in that article, the Azure Enterprise content pack includes monthly reporting data for the range of months that you provide during the connection flow. The range is a moving window, so the dates included will update as the dataset refreshes.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors