Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

frano72
Helper IV
Helper IV

autorefresh in paginated reports not working (ie re-quering data) in the service

Hi, wondering if anyone else has seen this problem ?

As per this article : Power BI Paginated Reports June 2019 Feature Update Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Po... the ability for paginated reports to autorefresh was added last  year.

I have tried two methods of getting this to work - connecting to pbi dataset and connecting to sql server view accessible via gateway.

The behaviour i see is that when you first open the report - sure - they both correctly report the right data. However once the autorefresh time elapses (eg 5 minutes) you see it blink for a few seconds and it just shows you the same data.  I was expecting it to re-query the data and return the latest data in the report (if it doesn't do that...then whats the point of auto-refresh !).  doing the test with the dataset, helps rule out issues with the gateway.

I have logged a call with microsoft so will see how we go and report back here.

4 REPLIES 4
frano72
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Anonymous @v-zhenbw-msft  - Microsoft confirmed this has been fixed, and I successfully tested it as working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haing the same issue. 

Do we know when this will be fixed?

Thank you!

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @frano72 ,

We wonder how do you solve this issue. If your call has results, please post it here for more people to see.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhenbw-msft  - Power BI Product Group have confirmed it is a bug.  Currently working on a fix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors