Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

automatic refresh

Hello,

I connected the power BI desktop to MySQL database via import and not directquiery since directquiery does not work to me.

I uploaded the report to the power BI online and I downloaded the gateway in order to set up an automatic refresh of the data during the night. However since I am not connected during the night the automatic refresh does not happen. What should I do to set up an autimatic refresh during the night while the computer is off.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KBO
MVP

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What I would like to add to, is that when the dataset needs to be refreshed via a Gateway the Gateway has to be up and running in order for the dataset refresh to take place.

If you can have your laptop/pc/server always on and connected this can solve your issue.

If you cannot, then as suggested a virtual machine or another computer that is always on and connected to the required network will work too.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

If this solved your problem please shut down the case. This will help others as well :).

Best,

Kathrin 

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

KBO
MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors