Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djohnson
Advocate I
Advocate I

attribute slicer broken following 8/23 update

It looks like the Attribute Slicer was updated on 8/23. Since then the Visualization is broken on several aspects:

1. Text on the service viz is all white (which makes it hard to read). Needs to be set back to grey/black

2. Slicer is not consistently filtering the data set on the selected value(s). It seems to choose random data points and is untrustworthy. If I switch to another viz to sort the data set, it works correctly. This happens on both desktop and service. 

Can you please roll-back the 8/23 updates, ASAP or correct the issues? This is a MATERIAL component of our reporting service (that we are paying for). 

Regards,

David

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@djohnson I can't replicate your issue. However attribute slicer I've downloaded was updated on 8/24. So maybe they've published again after 23rd it. I would suggest you download latest version again and re-test. 

@ankitpatira - fyi: I did re-download the visualization but the issues persist. I believe r_power12 corraborated this in his comment as well.

Thanks,

Hi,

I downloaded the latest Version 0.11.5 — Last updated 8/27/2016. It works well in my local.

I advise you to download this latest version and try again. If your issue is still there, you can report this to its author.

5.png

Best Regards

Alex

I confirm experiencing bugs with Attribute Slicer Version 0.11.3. as well as Version 0.11.5.  

I have two attribute slicers and when I use the Search Box to select an item, the other linked slicer does not filter correctly. The glitch only happens when using the Search Box, when selecting the items without the Search Box, the slicers filter each other correctly.

I believe this was working fine prior to this update, so this appears to be a new bug. Thanks

Update as of 8/29/16 13:50 EST - The glitch I experienced appears to have been corrected in v0.11.5. After installing the new version and reopening Power BI, the behavior seems back to normal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors