Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

charmainer
Helper III
Helper III

arcgis / esri maps too slow in Service

Hi, I have placed Esri maps in my Demographics dashboard with Power Bi. ( July 17 version)

Data(Sql Server 2016 -tablular) - is on premisis by acces to all users is via the Powerbi service.

Thare are arund 1120 points/records tp plot with  lat and long.

Inital load is too long , i have a filter to select area which works fine on desktop  but just too much lag time when there is multiple selection on desktop and service.

sometime it takes upto 6 mins to render and load values and data points on the Map.

I have tried different browsers , but still seem to have an issue. I have a demo on soon and if this lag time appears, i will not be use Esri maps.

map error.png

Request yours assistance if there is a fix for this issue.

Kind Regards

Charmaine Rodericks

Australia

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@charmainer,

How about you create the esri map in the August version of Power BI Desktop? And how long does it render if you use same data to create a Map visual?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks .. i am tempted to  upgrade but i have a lot of Matrix grids in the dashboard. im afraid they might break , and sinice i have a big demo coming up... next wk cant risk anything breaking as will not have enough time to fix.

😞

@charmainer,

You can make a backup of your current PBIX file, then use the latest version of Power BI Desktop to open the PBIX file to check esri map.

Gernerally, as long as the Matrix visuals work without isuses in the July version of Power BI Desktop, they will also work well in the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Thanks,

i have Checked the Netork latency .- it says its acceptable.

.Still slow after upgrading to Sep 17 version 😞

@charmainer,

How long does it take to render the map visual if you use same data to create a single map visual. Would you mind sharing me the PBIX file?

Regards,
Lydia

Hi,

Thanks but I cant share the  PBIX file as data is confidential. 

No soultion yet to how slow the map is rendering on multi selection.

Kind Regards

Charmaine

Hi Thanks,

i have Checked the Netork latency .- it says its acceptable.

.Still slow after upgrading to Sep 17 version 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors