cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: app workspace icon

I had an interesting situation. My team/group icons were not showing in Power BI Service Workspace list. Premier support said they had fixed something (didn't say what) and it was working again. They asked me to update an icon and it correctly showed in the workspace list, but I had to redeploy the APP for it to show on the APP's tile.

Subsequently, I added a photo to a group that did not have one before, and it showed up straight away. I did not like the photo so I deleted it from the group, and now none of the icons show up on my Power BI Workspaces list! I added the photo back in again, and all icons reappear. Deleted the photo and all icons disappear. Tried it with a second group icon and the same happens.

If a team or group never had an icon in the first place then it is ok, but if any team or group has had its icon deleted, then no icons show in the Power BI Workspaces list.

Try adding a simple icon to each team/group.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

THANKS!

That was it, wow...just CRAZY.

If ANY workspace icon is "null" then it all falls apart.

Every single workspace must have an icon (or as you said never had their original deleted).

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Glad that worked for you. Probably explains why when I first had the problem, one of my colleagues could see the icons but I could not, because he had a different list of groups to me and all his groups had icons or at least had not had any deleted, wheras some of the groups on my list had had their icons deleted.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft have just told me that the fix for this has just been rolled out. I have tested it and it works now i.e. all icons show in your workspace list even if one workspace has had its icon deleted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors