Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jordyv

app workspace from team

Hi All,

I've been looking into a way to have my existing team connected with a PowerBi app space, but I can't seem to find a way. I do see the possibility to do it the other way around.

If you create a PowerBi AppWorkspace you can create a team fom existing Office365 group, but creating an AppWorkspace from an exisiting Office365 group isn't there.

Any ideas as creating it again is not an option.

Regards, Jordy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is solved in the meantime. It seamed that my account was not well connected to the O365-group. After reconnecting my account again everything worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jordyv,

Do you want to allow an existing team members to view content inside a Power BI App Worksapce? You could add those users to Power BI App Workspace, grant them with edit or view permission. It is not able to add a group name, just individual emails are supported right now.

If you create a PowerBi AppWorkspace you can create a team fom existing Office365 group, but creating an AppWorkspace from an exisiting Office365 group isn't there.

Could you please provide more description for above quoted message?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thanks for your Answer. The problem is that I can't see the workspace. The team "HelpdeskICT" doen't appear in PowerBi. In all teams and groups I'm registred as an Admin/Owner.

Image 30012018-090806.pngImage 30012018-090734.png

Do you have any idea where I should look to solve this.

This is solved in the meantime. It seamed that my account was not well connected to the O365-group. After reconnecting my account again everything worked fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors