Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nleuck
Post Patron
Post Patron

app workspace and schedule refresh

Hello

I have a question regarding app workspaces and schedule refresh on datasets. When you create a schedule refresh for a dataset in a an app workspace does that refresh schedule automatically get added once you publish the app so everytime there's a refresh the data is already there? Or do you have to update the app every time your data refreshes?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nleuck The published app works like any other shared content. When you schedule the original to be updated, then the shared components (in whatever form) are updated. You don't need to re-publish all the time. You only need to re-publish when you make physical alterations to the reports/dashboards themselves.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@nleuck The published app works like any other shared content. When you schedule the original to be updated, then the shared components (in whatever form) are updated. You don't need to re-publish all the time. You only need to re-publish when you make physical alterations to the reports/dashboards themselves.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I am not able to use a data gateway/ scheduled refresh for my reports. So I refresh the data using Power BI Desktop, then click publish, which overwrites the online report with the new data.

Is there a way to have the App automatically refresh using the new data I just published from Desktop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors