Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

app.powerbi.com/cortana/test showing no interpretations

Been trying to get Cortana hooked into Power BI for some time now and just can't get it working. I have followed instructions for:

• Created a "Cortana Answer Page" report page, enabled it for Q&A on Page Information, and set Type to Corana on Page Size.
  • Enabling the dataset for Q&A and Cortana

NOTE: I see that after designing the report page in Power BI Desktop, then deploying to Power BI Service, that the Page Size switches to "Custom" as the type when it was "Cortana". So I switch it back, and save it in Power BI service. Hmmm.

• I go to app.powerbi.com/cortana/test and type in the name of the Cortana Answer Page, or one of the aliases set up and get "No interpretations found"

Why? What is going on? What am I missing. One page suggested I needed too 'wake it up' by typing it in again, which I did. Still no results.

VERY Frustrated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ToddChitt

I haven't encountered your issue. My answer page works properly when typing question in Cortana.

98.PNG

88.PNG

999.PNG

Please follow the steps in document and try again.

Use Power BI to create a custom Answer Page for Cortana

Introduction to Cortana for Power BI

Regards,

Turns out is was that ONE specific page on that ONE specific report. Every time id published the report and checked the page properties on Power BI Service, it would be found as "Custom". No amount of resetting the Type to "Cortana" helped. Other pages on other reports, other pages on the same report worked just fine.

I was just testing with a bad report page. Probably one in a million chance on that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors