Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

app.PowerBI dashboard link for the same dashboard is different for users

Hello, I have developed and published a dasboard at app.powerbi.com. Currently, when i share this dashboard to any new user (as below), i can see the Dashboard link as - https://app.powerbi.com/groups/f2f7dcw9.../reports/78kkljnh-di49-49a7-yz90-...... (say link1)

RG1_0-1598468977117.png

However, old users of the dashboard whom i had given access a month back see the below link as their Dashboard link for the same dashboard and its working fine for them - https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/78kkljnh-di49-49a7-yz90-....../ReportSection....?openRepor.... (say link2) .You may notice, link1 has a sub-part of its nomenclature within link2. Also, when i try to access link2, it says "Request Access- Lets get you permission to view this report".  What could be the reason for this difference in dashboard links ?  

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is this is a personal, standard, or Premium workspace?

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is a Premium workspace

Make sure you are sharing via the app, not via the workspace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you elaborate ? difference between how to share using an app and using a workspace ? i am sharing my report to users as below :-

RG1_1-1598610066724.png

RG1_0-1598610011288.png

Yeah, don't do that. Just don't. I wish there was a way to block these share buttons.

In a Premium environment the only acceptable way of sharing is via the links presented on the Permissions page in the app publishing dialogue.  Note that "allow users to share" should be set to disabled. Also note that (in this example) automatic app installation is prohibited by the tenant admin, so your users need to click the app link before they can use any of the other direct links.

lbendlin_0-1598623415100.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors