cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarostok Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: analyze in excel

Hello,

If someone still experiances issues with Analyze in XL please send me an email and I will be happy to help you resolve the issue via Skype, my email is - tarostok@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Tal

mcharing Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yep, replacing MSOLAP with MSOLAP.7 also did the trick for me in version 1710 (build 8625.2127).  

With kind regards,

Mark Haring
Process and data consultant @ BisQQ
mcharing@bisqq.nl
www.bisqq.nl
mrzap000 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Lasselakan wrote:

I had this issue today and first I tried to download all versions of SQL_AS_OLEDB.msi that I could possibly find but nothing worked, so then I did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you just wrote: I replaced MSOLAP with MSOLAP.7 and saved the file. And then it worked!

it worked for me too - great suggestion!

mrzap000 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

same issue with 1711 (Targeted channel), win10 64

manually changing MSOLAP to MSOLAP.7 works for me

shawne Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

added the .7 and it worked.....but this will not suffice when working across larger groups.  What is the horizon on this fix?

Mike_Carlo
Advisor

I was also having this issue. When I opened the file it was already formatted with Provider=MSOLAP,   I was able to replicate what @Lasselakan did in the file by adding .7, so now it reads Provider=MSOLAP.7 After this change I am able to load the odc file and use analyze in excel... @IlanH what version of excel were you using?

I am using Excel 2016 MSO 16.0.8730.2046 64-bit

and just this morning installed the lastest version of OLEDB

x64_1033_3291099_SQL_AS_OLEDB

@tarostok  Is there any reason why this would be causing an issue?  Why would my newer 2016 version of excel require the MSOLAP.7?  It is difficult to work with the analyze in excel function if I have to change every odc file I download from the service. 

Mike Carlo ( https://powerbi.tips )
mike@PowerBI.Tips
IlanH Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Excel click to run version include adal.dll version with bug in Analyze in Excel scenario.

Every Excel click to run installation will bring this adal.dll version.

To resolve this Excel must update adal.dll with fixed version.

As written in this thread there are 2 possible workarounds

1) Replace Excel click to run adal.dll - this need to be repeated after every Excel click to run update.

2) manually changing MSOLAP to MSOLAP.7 - the reason this work is that msolap.7 is using adal.dll without the bug

Good news: Excel are in the final stages of releasing updates with fixed adal.dll. Should be available by mid Jan.

Sorry for the inconvinience

Jacky Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes, for me as well.

Jacky Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

For me chanigng to OLAP7 did not resolve the issue.

Can we please have an update as soon as the fix was released ?

Highlighted
lndnbrg Member

With my newest Excel 365 Build 8827.2117 Click-and-run (Monthly Channel) it seems to just work now.

Have reinstalled the OLEDB driver from the Power BI website and now it JUST WORKS.

Can anybody confirm this? Or is it a coincidence?