cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: analyze in excel

@Lasselakan  This solution worked ... replacing MSOLAP with MSOLAP.7!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Could it be related to the MS Office version as well?

1705 (Build 8201.2193), does not cause any problems.

But 1708 (Build 8431.2079), does not seem to work with any version of the MS Analysis Services.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@jgutierrez .. Not sure but I do have Version 1708 and experience the problem.  I'm currently using the temporary solution that @Lasselakan recommended as listed above.   

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just had the same issue which remains unresolved - Why does Analyze in Excel not use Power Query, think it would be easier to use and hopefully not have the same issues? 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I solved the issue by doing the reverse, but thanks anyway Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Has anyone been able to fix this issue for all of their users?  They all have the latest version of Analyze in Excel and the latest version of Power BI Publisher installed.  Changing the connection to use MSOLAP.8 instead of MSOLAP.7 fixes the problem for some users but not all.

Highlighted
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hello, 

For those who still experiance the issue after changing the connection to MSOLAP.8 please try the following:

1. Download MSOLAP 7 from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/8/2/482E5799-9B8E-4724-8A4C-F301BAE788EE/13.0.3523.4/1033/x...
  2. Close all office applications
  3. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140 and rename the adal.dll to adal_orig.dll (if you have excel 64 bit use the version from Program Files)
  4. Copy adal.dll from here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\130 to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140  (if you have excel 64 bit use the version from Program Files)
  5. Open .odc file and see if it works for you.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It works, but after you close the file and open it again the connection is back to MSOLAP.7 and  then it does not work again.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello guys,

I´m still experiencing this error. It started on September and I´ve tried all the solutions listed here.

In the beggining they´ve worked, but only for a short period of time. Then the error started showing again.

I need a real and solid solution for it. Analyze in excel feature is one of the best things on BI, and I need it on my day-a-day routine. 

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

The method mentioned earlier in the thread about replacing the adal_orig.dll file has worked for my end users.  Here are the steps:

1. Download MSOLAP 7 from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/8/2/482E5799-9B8E-4724-8A4C-F301BAE788EE/13.0.3523.4/1033/x...
  2.    Close all office applications
  3.    Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140 and rename the adal.dll to adal_orig.dll (if you have excel 64 bit use the version from Program Files / ProgramFilesX64)
  4.    Copy the adal.dll from here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\130 to :C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140 (if you have excel 64 bit use the version from Program Files / ProgramFilesX64)
  5.    Open the odc file and see if it works for you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors