cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dataguy Member

analyze in excel option not showing

This use to work and is not working currently - reviewed everything in this article - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-analyze-in-excel/ and I still don't get the option on datasets or reports.

What is the best way to debug this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: analyze in excel option not showing

@dataguy,

I got response from PG, currently, the "Analyze in Excel" feature require both options(Export data and Analyze in Excel) to be enabled.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
5 REPLIES 5
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@dataguy,

You don’t get the “Analyze in Excel” option in Power BI, right? If so, please contact Power BI admin to check if the “Use Analyze in Excel with on-premises datasets” option is enabled in Power BI admin portal.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dataguy Member

So the “Use Analyze in Excel with on-premises datasets” option is enabled and still nothing.  We then enabled "Export Data" and then the Analyze in Excel started to work.  I wouldn't have guess that the 2 option were tied together.

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@dataguy,

I can reproduce your issue. If I disabled "Export Data" option and only enabled "Analyze in Excel" option, we are not able to use "Analyze in Excel" option in Power BI Service.

Regards,

dataguy Member

Do you think that was the intention of the settings?

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@dataguy,

I got response from PG, currently, the "Analyze in Excel" feature require both options(Export data and Analyze in Excel) to be enabled.

Regards,
Lydia