Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

allow users to pin visuals

I have shared my reports with my boss and given him read and reshare capabilities.  HE is not able to pin any visuals from my reports onto his own dashboards.  How can I give him ability to do so?

11 REPLIES 11
Newcolator
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

I've just been having the same problem. I know you can't pin from an app, but I sent over the report and my colleague still couldn't pin anything. In the end I tried changing his workspace permissions from "Viewer" to "Contributor" and that solved it.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

Do you share reports through apps or directly in your workspace?

As far as I know, if the party receiving the report has read-only permission, it cannot pin the visual in the app to the dashboard.

Please try to share the report directly in the workspace interface.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-lianl-msft   thanks for feedback - I gave my boss read and reshare capabilities.  Is there another setting?  I've also tried to publish the report to a shared workspace (and made him admin of the workspace) with no luck having him be able to pin visuals.

Hi @jcastr02 ,

Do you share reports or dashboards with others? If you share dashboards, others will not be able to pin them to their own dashboards.

If the problem persists,please go to Power BI support, follow the steps below to create support ticket and check if it is successful.

(Power BI pro users can create support ticket)

Support_Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-lianl-msft   Hello yes it is shared with others but to my boss I have given him read and reshare, all others are read

Hi @jcastr02 ,

If you share dashboards, others will not be able to pin them to their own dashboards.

If you share the report,based on the permissions you set, your boss can pin visuals to the dashboard.

Best Regards,
Liang

The proposed solution doesn't make sense to me. If you share the report outside of the workspace, users within the workspace cannot pin visuals? Is this interpretation correct?

I'm having the same issues as @jcastr02 .

@EduSurveys @V-lianl-msft   Talked to Microsoft this week -  this is not possible see below (highlighted)pin.png 

@jcastr02 

I found this after your post. Looks like this is a requested feature/idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6956143-allow-pinning-of-a-shared...

@EduSurveys thanks < I voted

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I've also given him permission on data set to read, resheare & build...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors