Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

a dataset or report already exists and is set up with cloud refresh you can save your file

When trying to publish a report which was published previously I get the following message:

A dataset or report already exists and is set up with cloud refresh. You can save your file with a different name and publish again.

I'm on direct connection to a SQL cube.

My colleagues found a workaround that is to replace the PBIX file on the Sharepoint directory but this is not the ideal, nor delete the current file and upload again, since I would have to redo all dashboards.

Is there another way to surpass this limitation?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
radam
Regular Visitor

Provided message is confusing and not relevant to problem:  "how to update = publish  same pbix file located in sharepoint onedrive - without renaming it every time"  

All endusers have previous Report file name and LINK already in use !    Do not change that !

Not going to Rename file after every tiny change on pbix file.    Expecting other way ...

kyleb350
Helper I
Helper I

I get this message as well when publishing the same PBIX file downloaded and modified from the Power BI service. PBI thinks this is a new report I am attempting to publish under the same name. The dataset configuration is under my name and hasn't changed. The only thing I've modified is the data model in the report.

The only way to get around this is to delete the report on the Power BI service, then republish and configure my refresh, which is a bit annoying.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please rename your pbix file with other name then you can publish it to power bi service side without replace original dataset which used on other report.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

I don't think this is the best solution.

If I do your suggestion I'll have to redo all my dashboards based on the earlier report and this would generate a lot of work.

Is there any other way to surpass this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors