Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Your scheduled refresh has been paused

I have recieved this email for multiple datasets. What is the time frame after which a sceduled refresh will get paused?pause refrsh.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mahimabedi@daandamhuis,

This is a new feature which is intend to reduce the number of refreshes on the PBI cluster. You can find the documentation here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-scheduled-refresh/#schedule-refres...

Note: After two months of inactivity, scheduled refresh on your dataset is paused. A dataset is considered inactive when no user has visited any dashboard or report built on the dataset. At that time, the dataset owner is sent an email indicating the scheduled refresh is paused, and the refresh schedule for the dataset is displayed as disabled. To resume scheduled refresh, simply revisit any dashboard or report built on the dataset.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mahimabedi@daandamhuis,

This is a new feature which is intend to reduce the number of refreshes on the PBI cluster. You can find the documentation here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-scheduled-refresh/#schedule-refres...

Note: After two months of inactivity, scheduled refresh on your dataset is paused. A dataset is considered inactive when no user has visited any dashboard or report built on the dataset. At that time, the dataset owner is sent an email indicating the scheduled refresh is paused, and the refresh schedule for the dataset is displayed as disabled. To resume scheduled refresh, simply revisit any dashboard or report built on the dataset.

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Can we also notify others who are not the dataset owners in case of scheduled refresh paused or disabled scenario?

Just an FYI on this "new feature" , it does not know about powerbi embedded reports.

So when it says "No one has viewed dashboards or reports built using this dataset for two months. " it's not actually true because in our case embedded reports are viewed multiple times a day. 

You should tweek this feature a bit.

Hi all, 

I seem to share simonbordeau's experience.

We've also got a report that has been used quite consistently. In fact, it was published less than three months ago and the scheduled refresh was disabled.

Could it be that we're missing something and is it at all possible to prevent this from happening?

Kind regards,
Petrus

I also received one of these emails today for a dataset that I just refreshed last Friday and has been viewed several times since.  I do my work in Power BI Desktop and publish from there replacing the dataset each time.

daandamhuis
Advocate I
Advocate I

We also got this message five times this morning. So I'm curious if some knows why this happend. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors