cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Your Power BI Session Expired message

Thanks @benDesigning. We're using Import mode already connected to an on-prem Oracle dwhs and the gateway is fully functional. 

The message doesn't appear when publishing and embedding the same report under a different name, e.g. suffixed with 'Test'.

What was the MS patch?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The patch was done a few weeks ago, they had the details on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ but it's gone now. Not sure if there's a historical record of all the statuses on that setvice page but there *should* be. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I hope this applies to your situation. I updated all of my embed links in sharepoint with the 'embed' option pulled while accessing the dashboard where users access the dashboard. (*IMPORTANT: I didn't use links while accessing reprorts in the workspace.) If your reports are not accessible in the app, select the naviation options when you publish so you can acess the reports to get the links. If you need navigation off, then turn it off during a second re-publish. It worked for me. 

I also noticed when I export PPTX files from the workspace the link goes to the workspace report which users cannot access. This explains why I am receiving permission requests from users who have permissions to the apps. 

Highlighted

Hi,

I have the same issue as this one, did you manage to find out why the embedded reports were not reflecting the live changes that can be seen in the PowerBi Service?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi, I contacted support but we had to manually reupload reports to the workspace to generate new embed URLs. The fix was going to be applied mid-April but that was too late for us as we needed it for Q1 appraisal reporting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors