cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilseeb
Regular Visitor

You have no personal gateways installed

Hello,

I had a report in PBI working fine and I replaced it with the new version (no sources were changed) but now I am getting a message saying You have no personal gateways installed and I can not set the gateways and the autmatic refresh.

It also sais that my on premise gateway is not configured correctly, what is weird is that it works for some reports and for others it doesn't.

Why should I need to install a personal gateway? Can I not get it to work as it was before?

All data sources are working and I am able to select them but I can not click on Apply because of the personal gateway message.

3 REPLIES 3
mahakrathore
Helper I
Helper I

HI ,

Below are important points you need to ensure for configuring the Gateway or Troubleshooting : 
1) Gateway has the datasource configured on the machine ( Clients and others) like in your case oracle also and it should have connectivity. 

2) Hope you have Enterprise Gateway instead of Personal because you wont be able to see Personal Gateway of other . 

3) If its Enterprise Gateway ( Until and unless you are not using Personal) make sure you have added user to use it i.e. permission for the user ( Manage Gateway > Choose Gateway > 3dots > Add users ) 

4) If you are using personal gateway the service and other stuff is running correctly .

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Mahak

ilseeb
Regular Visitor

Yes, all data sources are added and they are available as an option to select them but even if I do, I can not click on apply because of the "You have no personal gateways installed" message.

ilseeb_0-1654246476973.png

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ilseeb ,

Have you added the user and data source to the gateway? 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data, AI, Power BI, Power Platform and Business Applications Conference in New Zealand.

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors