Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ilseeb
Frequent Visitor

You have no personal gateways installed

Hello,

I had a report in PBI working fine and I replaced it with the new version (no sources were changed) but now I am getting a message saying You have no personal gateways installed and I can not set the gateways and the autmatic refresh.

It also sais that my on premise gateway is not configured correctly, what is weird is that it works for some reports and for others it doesn't.

Why should I need to install a personal gateway? Can I not get it to work as it was before?

All data sources are working and I am able to select them but I can not click on Apply because of the personal gateway message.

14 REPLIES 14
sanjay_thavi

this question was  asked by some on on may  22 but still this problem is not solved..  and every one is facing same problem till today .. 

Which are the best  open source alternatives to Power BI  ,  this dirty yellow **bleep** have lots stupidity and dirty architechture  

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI ,

Below are important points you need to ensure for configuring the Gateway or Troubleshooting : 
1) Gateway has the datasource configured on the machine ( Clients and others) like in your case oracle also and it should have connectivity. 

2) Hope you have Enterprise Gateway instead of Personal because you wont be able to see Personal Gateway of other . 

3) If its Enterprise Gateway ( Until and unless you are not using Personal) make sure you have added user to use it i.e. permission for the user ( Manage Gateway > Choose Gateway > 3dots > Add users ) 

4) If you are using personal gateway the service and other stuff is running correctly .

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Mahak

this question was  asked by some on on may  22 but still this problem is not solved..  and every one is facing same problem till today .. 

Which are the best  open source alternatives to Power BI  ,  this dirty yellow **bleep** have lots stupidity and dirty architechture  

I ran into the same problem. It appears the problem was in adding data source files to a Data Set to properly 'set up' the Standard Gateway.

1. I went to User profile (vertical ...)  -> Settings -> Manage Connections and Gateways -> Data Source -> + New

2. added files contained in the DATA SET (very important, vouch one by one to ensure you do not miss a single file out of the Data Set), once complete, went to Data Set settings -> Gateway Connection and found my Standard Gateway having 'green' color, i.e. active.

3. Map all files in the Data Set to the newly created Data Source files (step 1), voila ...

ilseeb
Frequent Visitor

Yes, all data sources are added and they are available as an option to select them but even if I do, I can not click on apply because of the "You have no personal gateways installed" message.

ilseeb_0-1654246476973.png

Which are the best  open source alternatives to Power BI  ,  this dirty yellow      sh!t have lots stupidity and dirty architechture  

have u solved this problem ? i m also facing the same problem ..  

@ilseeb - Did you ever get resolution to this issue?  I recently updated one of my reports and I am experiencing this exact same problem. 

When I try to set up a scheduled refresh, I can select all of the neccessary data sources, but there is no "Apply" button like normal.  Instead, I get the same message from your screenshot about no personal gateways being installed.  Despite the fact that I have dozens of other reports refreshing fine through my enterprise data gateway.

Which are the best  open source alternatives to Power BI  ,  this dirty yellow      sh!t have lots stupidity and dirty architechture  

have u solved this problem ? i m also facing the same problem ..  

I did solve the issue.  Unfotunately I wasn't very good at following the scientific method, so I am not sure exactly what resolved it.  But I did the following:
- Deleted the Report from the service

- Deleted the associated dataset from the service

- From the Service, I then went into Manage Gateway (Settings > Manage connections and gateways) and removed all data sources used by the gateway for purposes of the refresh for the report in question.

- Once all traces of the report, dataset and data sources used by the report were removed from the Service, I republished the report, reconfigured the data sources and set up a new refresh and I was able to schedule the refresh successfully.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ilseeb ,

Have you added the user and data source to the gateway? 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

yes added but and it is showing . but apply button is still disabled and above mesage is shown .. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors