Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prabhuss
Helper I
Helper I

You have exceeded the amount of embed token that can be generated on a shared capacity

Hi, 

We have emebded Power BI report in Angular 4.0 based dashboard and for last 6 months, it used to work fine. From Today i started seeing following error "You have exceeded the amount of embed token that can be generated on a shared capacity". I have pro account, not sure how to fix this issue. Any help in this is well appricated. 

BTW, do we know what is number of embded token we can have for pro account

Thanks

Prabhu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prabhuss,

AFAIK, embed service not include in pro license, you're using trial capacity of embed. It seems like your trial capacity is ran out so you're embed service has been stopped.

You can take a look at following link to trace free embed token usage.

Power BI Developer community March update

Reference link:

Power BI Embedded pricing

Create your Azure free account today

Create Power BI Embedded capacity in the Azure portal

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
AbdelrahmanAhme

any one solved this error please ?  @prabhuss @brentlightsey @Analitika @zoloturu @mashenoy 

AbdelrahmanAhme

any one solve this please ? 

zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @prabhuss,

You can check the % of the usage of tokens so you can have an idea on where you stand using Get Available Features API call.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/availablefeatures/getavailablefeatures

GET https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/availableFeatures

You can check it via Postman. It is an extension to Google Chromehttps://www.getpostman.com/

To login to this app you would need a google mail account (Gmail) and to execute API call - Power BI Service Pro account. Let me know if you need more assistance here.

As result, you will receive similar output as below:

{
    "@odata.context": "http://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/v1.0/myorg/$metadata#Microsoft.PowerBI.ServiceContracts.Api.AvailableFeatures",
    "features": [
        {
            "name": "cdsa",
            "state": "Disabled",
            "extendedState": "DisabledByAdmin",
            "additionalInfo": null
        },
        {
            "name": "embedTrial",
            "state": "Enabled",
            "extendedState": "Enabled",
            "additionalInfo": {
                "usage": 27
            }
        }
    ]
}

where 27 - is a percentage of used tokens per account and will not be refreshed within some time

@zoloturu I checked that embedTrial generates 0 % usage of token. How I could check my used token usage, I need token usage in application in Power BI. I have tried to pass application (client_id) id but it doesn't work, no response. Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/available-features/get-available-feature-by-name. I used this link also. So how to find it? 

That token usage is actually tied specifically to your individual pro license, or whatever pro user your authenticating as when generating the embed token. So 0 is a good sign, it means you haven't used up at least 10% of your usage yet. You have a lot more embeds still left with that user. Still, keep in mind that this usage is intended for dev and test purposes only, so when you really need to go to production, get the A1 SKU or higher.

I bought A1 Setup, but still I see Exceeded the amount of embded token, Please advise

Hi @prabhuss,

Please run the GET request I've mentioned in a previous message and paste it to a thread here.

And one more question. When you embed do you have your A1 instance on pause or running?

Regards,

Ruslan

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prabhuss,

AFAIK, embed service not include in pro license, you're using trial capacity of embed. It seems like your trial capacity is ran out so you're embed service has been stopped.

You can take a look at following link to trace free embed token usage.

Power BI Developer community March update

Reference link:

Power BI Embedded pricing

Create your Azure free account today

Create Power BI Embedded capacity in the Azure portal

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Do we know the behaviour of Power BI Embedded Service once the dedicated capacity exceeds thresholds ?

Do we have a degraded /slower experience OR does it throw a 403 ?

@mashenoy,

It will throw an error kinda 'memory allocation failure'. You have the same experience when using Power BI Desktop report which will require more RAM than your PC has. Use Windows Performance Monitor to track memory per application.

Regards,
Ruslan
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@zoloturu , do you know if the "usage" number ever decreases (for example, over time)? Or is it always increasing forever?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to know this number as well since we suddenly hit this limit yesterday and it was surprising... we can't plan capacity if we don't know when our "trail" is over? This should be publicaly documented for all those in development mode looking to move to production.

@Anonymous I created a new user and license to run experiements on this question. I ran this experiment in September 2020, and found the following numbers, at least for my particular case:

• The number was always increasing, never decreasing
  • The number of embed token requests appeared to be limited to approximately 4,000 requests before the embed trial limit was exceeed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors