Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AltGr9
Helper I
Helper I

You don't have any gateway installed or configured for hte data sources in this dataset. Please i

When I go to Schedule Refresh, I'm getting this message:

1.3.png

But the problem is, I do have a gateway installed for the data sources. Here it is:

2.png

I've inputted the exact same credentials (for the server name, database and user name) here as I put in my Power BI desktop file (I've even ensured the server and database name are case-perfect - as well as the username and password of course):

3.png

I've also made sure that the user named under "This dataset has been configured by" is listed under the Users section of the Gateway:

Schedule Refresh page:

7.png

Users page of Manage Gateways:

8.png

I've ensured the SQL Server user has read permissions to the data source in SQL Server:

6.png

Another error it comes up with on Schedule Refresh, is the following:

4.png

When I click on 'Edit Credentials' the credentials are all the same as the data gateway:

5.png

I have tried renaming the Power BI file, and publishing it again. I have tried recreating the data source. It still comes up with this message. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I cannot figure it out. Could the Power BI file be corrupt perhaps?

The gateway works fine for other reports/data sources.

Could it be the web data source that's causing it? I do have a single web source in the data source list. This is the only difference I can see between this report and other reports. The report was working with the credentials above before I added this source.

10.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AltGr9

Please also add that Web source as data source in "Manage Gateway".

Capture.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AltGr9

Please also add that Web source as data source in "Manage Gateway".

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Do you know, that your answer qualify for the worst answer in a forum award? Could you please add more details about how you configured this form for the web datasource in order to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors