Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support

Hi,

I m importing data from an Excel Worksheet and 1 SAP BW data source as in snapshot below 

E3.PNG

While there is no problem working with report in PBI Desktop, I m unable to schedule refresh using on-premises gateway. The excel files are available on the server machine in the required path and are configured as data sources on the server.

But seeing the error message as being displayed below. If I use only one of the two sources, I m able to refresh them.

E1.PNGE4.PNGE2.png

How can I combine the data from multiple data sources within the same data set and still enable data refresh?

Request your help at the earliest

Thanks,

Mannu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the resolution for the issue. When I imported data from SAP BW, it included an additional parameter ScalarMeasure=False which I found via Advanced Editor (and which was not provided from interface). Removing this parameter resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you connect to other data sources in the Excel file? Could you please share me the Excel file so that I can test? Besides, please go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check data sources, then post a screenshot about the data sources.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the resolution for the issue. When I imported data from SAP BW, it included an additional parameter ScalarMeasure=False which I found via Advanced Editor (and which was not provided from interface). Removing this parameter resolved the issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your response.

No. There are no connections within the excel. I created a new workbook/worksheet and pasted the table provided below.

Connected to SAP BW server and pulled in another 2-3 columns info from BeX query and then tried to publish the report.

I also tried adding it to Model using Power Pivot and checked if it works.

Result was the same.

I have placed the excel in the same path on Server machine (where on-premises gateway is installed) .

NameAmountCountry
A127842US
A282117CA
A357567MX
A415345US
A568867CA
A689570US
A712132CA
A898666MX

DS_CurrentFile.PNGDS_Global.PNG

Thanks & Regards,

Mannu

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

It looks like SAP BW isn't supported by the On-Premises Data Gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wonga SAP BW is supported for data refresh using On-Premises gateway. Infact Im using the same SAP BW Server for another data set and scheduled refresh works fine. But it contains data from a single source (SAP BW).

SAP BW Schedule Succeeds.PNG

Similarly, I tried to configure data refresh for dataset that contains only excel worksheet. This also works !!! 

Its only when I import data from both excel and SAP BW to a single data set, that I m unable to configure data refresh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors