Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can now get/export the list of users added to a report

Hi all, the API looks to have been updated to export the list of users who have permission to view the report: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/reports_getreportusersasadmin

There is also new functionality around getting dataflows and scan results, but I think we all want the user export the most 😉

The API calls are in 'preview' and has not been mention in the blog yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just to reiterate that this post is just an 'informational' post to let the power bi community know that there is now a way to pull the users associated with a power bi report through the API, as I cannot find any formal notice from MS (blog or otherwise) that they have implemented this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

They just announced this:

Announcing long-term usage and performance insights (Public Preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Does that help?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just to reiterate that this post is just an 'informational' post to let the power bi community know that there is now a way to pull the users associated with a power bi report through the API, as I cannot find any formal notice from MS (blog or otherwise) that they have implemented this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is more of a FYI, as it is a new feature that has been asked for but no offical mention of it has been made of it yet.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

This was posted in the Service Forum.  Is this an idea that you have?  If so, you can post it in the ideas.  Or, are you trying to ask a question?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors