Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LukaszS

Yellow alert in service: Your jobs are being throttled...

Hi,

From yesterday it appeared yellow alert in our Premium service. I know what it means, but there is a small cross to close it but it does not work. On full screen this alert hidding important content in reports. Could you know how to switch this off?

LukaszS_0-1665475080530.png

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
milosatmews
Regular Visitor

Hi, this is probably a new feature to push for buying more capacity even if you don't need it. We are using power Bi embedded and since Monday we are facing the same issue (sometimes). We have some spikes in capacity load when there are more users at the same time. But the average load is about 35%. I can say if you don't face this issue you are probably having too much capacity 😀. Displaying this message to end users is a strange thing in embedded. I didn't find any setting to disable it.  Does anybody know where you can disable these messages?  There are different ways to monitor capacity, so I don't understand why power bi bothers end users. 😕

Thanks for answer. I got the same filling that we usually have enouch capacity and this alert is just message: "buy more". The most frustrating is that users are thinking that sth is wrong in their reports.

@milosatmews  We just started seeing it as well on Monday.  We have two premium capacities (a P1 and a P2).   We had an instance where one user put a filter on a report that caused a inefficent DAX query to be executed, and it caused one of our capacities to spike for about a minute.  We quickly reached out to the report creator, and fixed the DAX and the data model.  However, all the users on the capacity got that message.   Like @LukaszS , several of our end users started thinking something was wrong with their reports, and we got several tickets.   

Can you imagine what it would be like if that were a Windows feature?  Everytime your computer hits 100% CPU you get an error popup to contact your IT Department and ask for a new computer?  🙂  

It's not manageable as an administrator.  I'm okay with throttling for cases like that, and notifying the capacity admins.  However notifying all the end users with a cryptic message is not a good experience.   Report viewers don't know what "Your jobs are being throttled" means.  They don't schedule anything.  Then they start questioning the data and if the report is actually refreshed.  When in reality, usually a couple quick optimizations can be made by the Power BI administrators. 

@v-zhangti  is the product team aware of this?  Some documentation and notification about a new error message appearing to end users, would be appreciated.  🙂 

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @LukaszS 

Based on warnings, when Premium capacity performance issues arise, a common first approach is to optimize or tune your solutions to restore acceptable response times. The rationale being to avoid purchasing additional Premium capacity unless justified.

When additional Premium capacity is required, there are two options described in this article:

• Scale-up an existing Premium capacity
  • Add a new Premium capacity

Optimize Microsoft Power BI Premium capacities - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Solved: The operation was throttled by Power BI Premium - Microsoft Power BI Community

You need to fix the problem at the root so that the warning doesn't come again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This should appear only to admins. Users doesnt know what is behind and believe there is something wrong with data. Very bad UX for them using the service... this beyond the spikes in proccesing that could appear in a monthly/daily usage. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors