Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bondfranco
Frequent Visitor

Yammer as data source

Hi All,

I have below questions:

1. I know we can connect to yammer using TyGraph app in power BI service. For configuring the app it asks for Schema,Server and database etc. From where am I supposed to get these details? Also is there any other way to get the data from yammer into power bi?
  2. Does yammer api help us to identify the questions in the conversation or just question as type?

Thanks in Advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bondfranco
Frequent Visitor

Answering to my own question after doing some R&D:

1. I know we can connect to yammer using TyGraph app in power BI service. For configuring the app it asks for Schema,Server and database etc. From where am I supposed to get these details? Also is there any other way to get the data from yammer into power bi?

Options

Challenges

Tygraph

Tygraph is 3rd party app content published on the power BI service which requires schema, server, database details for configuration.  Also we need Power BI pro license to use this content pack.

Yammer Data export

We would need network admin credentials to export data. This data needs to be further transformed and refreshed manually. 

Yammer Rest API’s

This is not straight forward to implement and returns only limited no if rows. We can use json connector to connect to the jsons generate using the Api's but then it could be at the group level or thread level. Also refreshing the data is a challenge

2.Does yammer api help us to identify the questions in the conversation or just question as type?

Yes. If the content type question is used it is identified as question under the message type column.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bondfranco
Frequent Visitor

Answering to my own question after doing some R&D:

Options

Challenges

Tygraph

Tygraph is 3rd party app content published on the power BI service which requires schema, server, database details for configuration.  Also we need Power BI pro license to use this content pack.

Yammer Data export

We would need network admin credentials to export data. This data needs to be further transformed and refreshed manually. 

Yammer Rest API’s

This is not straight forward to implement and returns only limited no if rows. We can use json connector to connect to the jsons generate using the Api's but then it could be at the group level or thread level. Also refreshing the data is a challenge

2.Does yammer api help us to identify the questions in the conversation or just question as type?

Yes. If the content type question is used it is identified as question under the message type column.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bondfranco 

I find a tutorial video, please check if it is useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XsaFrISf5c

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi this video dosen't help solve the issue its just an intro to power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors