Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

duanqin
Regular Visitor

XMLA Write Endpoint with Legacy Datasource Tabular Model

Hi dear community,

I am trying the new XMLA write/read endpoint feature and I was starting by trying to deploy our existing Analysis Service (on-premise) Tabular models to the PowerBI Service. After upgrading the compatibility level to 1500, the model has been well deployed to the PowerBI Service. But no gateway configuration neither Data source credentials in the setting of the dataset. My existing tabular model use the odbc connector with native query (it's a cloudera impala database).

And I got this error message "Refresh can't be scheduled because the data set doesn't contain any data model connections, or is a worksheet or linked table. To schedule refresh, the data must be loaded into the data model."

PowerBI Dataset xmla supporte legacy odbc datasource with natvie query ?

If not, is there an efficient way to migrate my tabular model (to avoid a rebuild from strach) so that it could be supported by PowerBI Dataset ?

Someone has ideas ?

Regards,

Duanqin.

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @duanqin 

Datasets based on a live connection to an Azure Analysis Services or SQL Server Analysis Services model is not accessible by the XMLA endpoint. 

If help ,please refer to  this document .

Dataset connectivity with the XMLA endpoint (Preview) 

For this issue ,you can also create a support ticket  for better advice.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors