Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong date format in subscription email preview

Hello,

I have a report that I am sending to multiple people in my organization using the subscription feature. Most people only view the preview screenshot that is attached in the subscription e-mail. The problem that I am facing is that in the e-mail preview the date format is not converted according to my Power BI desktop settings nor my Internet Browser settings.

My question is: Is there a way to change the date format of the e-mail preview of the subscription feature in Power BI, or is the e-mail preview always based on the location where my reports are hosted?

Thanks in advance,

Davo

4 REPLIES 4
michaeldaynes
Frequent Visitor

14/03/2001 (dd/mm/yyyy): displays correct in Desktop, Service & Subscription
*14/03/2001 (Short Date): displays correct in Desktop & Service but NOT Subscription

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Click File-> Options-> Regional Settings and set the region to your region.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @v-eachen-msft . My Power BI regional settings are already set in the way that I want it to be. In Power BI desktop and Power BI Service my report works just fine. The problem is that the email preview is using the wrong date time format. It seems that the email preview is not using the Power BI desktop settings nor the Power BI Service settings. 

My question is, what else can I try, besides the Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service settings, to change the date time format in the email preview?

Thanks in advance, 

Davo

Hi @Anonymous ,

After my testing, i couldn't reproduce this issue.  I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Support Ticket (1).gif

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors