Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mauryavijai
Frequent Visitor

Write data from Dataflow Data model to Azure SQL Server database

Hi All, 

I am looking for the solution to write data from Dataflow to Azure Sql Server database.  Please help me with this. 

I have  mutiple workspace and from each workspace few datamodel want to write back to SQL server. 

Thanks,
Vijai 

6 REPLIES 6
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mauryavijai  ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, you can mark the answer.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mauryavijai
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @selimovd  and @aj1973  for your quick response. 

I have already used the suggestion given by @aj1973 but not sure if that work after published to BI. 

I will implement the suggesition given by @selimovd  seems more better way to hadle it. 

Hey @mauryavijai ,

give it a try, hope that works for you 👍! I would be happy if you could give me an update as I only once brought my own data lake.

Also I would be happy if you can mark my post as solution. That helps the next person with a similar issue to find a solution easier.

Best regards

Denis

Sure, Let me implement and then mark it as solution. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @mauryavijai 

This might help you

https://bielite.com/blog/write-back-to-sql-database-from-power-bi/

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @mauryavijai ,

before you set up the dataflow you can connect it to an existing Azure Data Lake Gen 2 (Bring your own data lake):

Configuring dataflow storage to use Azure Data Lake Gen 2 - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Then you can use your Data Lake with other tools, for example use Azure Data Factory to load the data from the data lake and write it to an Azure SQL Server database.

I think with Power Apps it could also be possible, but I didn't test that.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors