Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johnmelbourne
Helper V
Helper V

Workspace options menu ... Files item

Hi,

I am getting a different menu experience with different workspaces and not sure why.

In one workspace, when I click on the elipses, I see the files item menu.

johnmelbourne_0-1593911830576.png

but when I click on another workspace, I don;t get the files menu item.

johnmelbourne_1-1593911899630.png

Does anyone know why there is a difference?

Thanks in advance.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnmelbourne
Helper V
Helper V

Found the answer.

There are 2 workspace types.  There is the current workspace and the new preview feature workspace.

The Current Workspace is directly tied in with an Office 365 group, which includes things such as a Sharepoint Online site.  Whenever a new Workspace was created, an Office 365 group was created along side of it.  This wasn't always what we wanted.

The new preview workspace is not directly tied with an Office 365 group and is therefore not directly tied with such a thing.

You can still store files in other Office 365 groups and linking them into your Power BI reports and get the same functionality.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
johnmelbourne
Helper V
Helper V

Found the answer.

There are 2 workspace types.  There is the current workspace and the new preview feature workspace.

The Current Workspace is directly tied in with an Office 365 group, which includes things such as a Sharepoint Online site.  Whenever a new Workspace was created, an Office 365 group was created along side of it.  This wasn't always what we wanted.

The new preview workspace is not directly tied with an Office 365 group and is therefore not directly tied with such a thing.

You can still store files in other Office 365 groups and linking them into your Power BI reports and get the same functionality.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors