Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ctmullins
Frequent Visitor

Workspace hierarchy (nested workspaces)?

Hi all,

I'm currently frustrated at the lack of organizational flexibility with the current Power BI Service Workspace functionality.

I would dearly love to create a broad top-level workspace ("Finance"), and then create multiple sub-workspaces within it ("Purchasing", "Accounting", "Billing").  It would make a whole ton of sense for the hierarchy to propagate permissions to children, in the same way that Windows folder permissions have worked for decades now.

Why is this not a thing yet?

2 REPLIES 2
ctmullins
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @Migasuke - I have upvoted that idea.

Any other input, perhaps from someone within Microsoft who might have some definitive information?  I really can't believe that this wasn't baked into the product from the get-go....

Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hey @ctmullins ,

This is a good idea and I am sure the PBI dev team will come up with something like this sooner or later.
If you want to speed up the process you can vote for this idea here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=da1e4e4c-eb11-eb11-8441-501ac524afb0

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors