Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HGIllmore
Helper I
Helper I

Workspace displays 'You have no datasets' after publishing report from shared dataset

I am trying out the new Shared and Certified Datasets feature.  I published a dataset, promoted it, and then created a report from the new dataset which I published to a different workspace.  The workspace on which I published the report also contained other datasets that were previously published to this workspace.  After publishing the new report, the left navigtaion menu now says 'You have no datasets'.  I can still see all of my datasets in the main screen on the workspace if I select the Datasets header, but I can't get to them from the left nav bar anymore. Has anyone else run into this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HGIllmore
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE:

I have been testing this more today and finally got the datasets to show up.  I published reports to three separate V2 workspaces, using different combinations of reports and datasets in each workspace and still got "You have no datasets" in the left pane, even when I closed the browser window and then re-opened and accessed the workspaces again.  However if I accessed the workspace and then reloaded the Power BI page in my Chrome Browser using the Reload this Page button on the browser address bar, the dataset list appeared on the left side.   Don't know why it takes a manual page refresh to get this list to show up, but there you have it.  I will check for updates to my Chrome version and see if that fixes things.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HGIllmore
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE:

I have been testing this more today and finally got the datasets to show up.  I published reports to three separate V2 workspaces, using different combinations of reports and datasets in each workspace and still got "You have no datasets" in the left pane, even when I closed the browser window and then re-opened and accessed the workspaces again.  However if I accessed the workspace and then reloaded the Power BI page in my Chrome Browser using the Reload this Page button on the browser address bar, the dataset list appeared on the left side.   Don't know why it takes a manual page refresh to get this list to show up, but there you have it.  I will check for updates to my Chrome version and see if that fixes things.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know the solution

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

HGIllmore
Helper I
Helper I

In the screenshot below, you can see that there are datasets listed in the main pane, but to the left, under Datasets, it reads 'You have no datasets'.  Prior to publishing the report using the dataset Expense Analysis Eng RLS from another workspace, the datasets displayed in the left navigation pane. 

image.png

Hi there

That is odd, because I can see my datasets when I have used a shared dataset.

I am not sure why that is happening.

Is the App Workspace V1 or V2?

Power BI Blog

Both the workspace I shared from and the workspace in the screenshot I sent are V2.  I created a new workspace to serve as a dataset library for promoted and certified datasets, and I published the report to a V2 workspace that was already in use prior to the release of the shared dataset functionality. The dataset in question does have RLS configured.  I wonder if that makes a difference for some reason?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Would you be able to send a screenshot of what it looks like?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors