Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Workspace and its dataflows are not listed in Dataflow navigator (BUG?)

I created a dev workspace for an existing workspace, and recreated the dataflows inside using the exported .json files. When I just created the workspace, it took 1 hour+ for those new dataflows to appear in the dataflow navigator, which was slower than I expected but I thought it could be a reasonable delay on the cloud.

However, when I came back to the dev dataset today, in the query editor all tables returned error in preview:

myytch_yy_0-1597333678499.png 

(same error when refreshing the dataset in desktop, when trigerred the refresh thru workspace no error returned)

Here's a screenshot of navigator, should list 2 workspaces but only 1 which is the orignal one.

myytch_yy_1-1597334875171.png

I've checked the workspace and confirmed that the dev's workspace ID and dataflow ID have not been changed. I can still see the original workspace's dataflows so I'm sure my credetial in desktop is correct. I even tried to create a new dataflow in the dev workspace thinking it may only be related to those imported dataflows but still nothing shows up in the dataflow's navigator.

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

If you try to update the power bi desktop to the latest version and try it again.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

If you still have the problem, you may also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors