Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andleebRaja
Frequent Visitor

Workspace RLS

I have a Pro account. I create a new workspace name analytics. I publish an RLS Security using UserprincipalName(). I shared datasets from this workspace with clients. I also configure the RLS role in security and assign a viewer role to the client. but my RLS did not implement and the user can see all my data. But when I do this in Myworkspace then this work. what is the problem with why RLS is not working in my created analytics workspace? 

2 REPLIES 2
andleebRaja
Frequent Visitor

thanks Henry. but i have still same isseue. 
i use this Dax formula

Mapping =
VAR user_name = "andleeb.raja@icaremanager.com"
RETURN
CALCULATE(MAX('ICM_Facility'[ALFId]), FILTER('ICM_Facility', 'ICM_Facility'[email] = USERPRINCIPALNAME())  ) and aslo entered a email table in model to map with email. and also add these email in security setting. my test role working fine
also working in organization fine.. but with external user its not showing report and data. i also add external user in Azure directory.
in testing role it works fine with external user
andleebRaja_1-1672136201703.png

plz help me to figure out where is the problem

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andleebRaja ,

There are several possible reasons why Row-Level Security (RLS) might not be working as expected in your new workspace. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Make sure that you have correctly configured the RLS role in the security settings of the dataset. The role should be defined using a DAX formula that uses the UserPrincipalName() function to filter the data based on the user's identity.
  • Make sure that you have correctly shared the dataset with the client and assigned the appropriate RLS role to the client. The client should have been added as a member to the workspace, and the RLS role should have been assigned to them in the security settings of the dataset.
  • Check that the client is using the correct account to access the dataset. RLS is based on the user's identity, so the client needs to be logged in with the correct account in order to see the filtered data.
  • Make sure that the client is using a compatible version of the Power BI Desktop or web app to access the dataset. RLS is only supported in certain versions of Power BI, and the client needs to be using a version that supports RLS in order to see the filtered data.
  • Check for any errors or warning messages in the Power BI service or Power BI Desktop that might indicate a problem with the RLS configuration.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors