Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dgreenx

Workspace Icon image uploaded but does not stick

I am the creator, owner and admin of a Power BI workspace. I converted this workspace from "classic" to "new experience". I went to workspace settings where you can upload an image for the workspace. I uploaded an image and clicked save. The image will show for a little while but then it will revert back to the old default image that the system created when the workspace was created. When I go back to the settings the image is there. Each time I log in, I see the new image, but after a few minutes it changes back to the default image. This is clearly a bug where the image is in multiple places and an uploaded image is not getting stored in all of those multiple places.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @dgreenx ,

I'd like to suggest you check correspond office group icons if this scenario is cause with sync features of office group.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@dgreenx 

I tried to re-pro the issue and i can able to view the image after signout and signin in Power Bi Service.

Note:- Initially created a classic workspace (v1) and tried to upgrade to the latest workspace (v2), uploaded the image with 17KB file.

It is not allowing >45kb file.

so please check once and let us know if you have any concerns.

Workspace Image testing.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

When I first go on the service (powerbi.com) I see the first picture below. After a few seconds I see the second picture below. It is obvious that the power bi service is saving my picture, but it is not saving it to all places where the icon resides and the other place is where it is getting the original picture it created ("PH" in a purple circle). I got a clue from a co-worker that you can also change the icon in MS Teams. I will go there next to see if that is where it is storing the other copy.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

HI @dgreenx ,

I'd like to suggest you check correspond office group icons if this scenario is cause with sync features of office group.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Xiaoxin Sheng, you are correct; thanks so much! I finally found the place to edit the icon. It was in Outlook (online), under Groups (on the left; have to wait a few second before they show), under Owner, see the Groups that correspond to the Workspaces that were set up with Classic in Power BI. Right click and edit and upload the icon.

This proves there are two places that you need to upload the Workspace Icon. One is in Power BI and one is in Outlook Groups. If you do not change in both places, the Outlook Group Icon will overwrite the Power BI Workspace Icon after a few seconds in your Power BI Home page. It would be nice if the two icons were linked so that when one was edited and changed, they both would be. Also not just the Icon, but the other fields of the Group/Workspace that are the same.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dgreenx ,

Did this issue only appear on new workspace who upgrades from classic workspace? Have you tested to change the icon of classic workspace and new workspace?  Please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

In addition, can you confirm if you have enough permission on azure side? (correspond azure account)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors