Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PP_DP
Frequent Visitor

Workspace I can't get url from publish embed code

I copy report from my workspace to another workspace.and I want to create publish embed code.

After, I press share > embed report > publish to web (public) > Create embed code > publish. Urls is not appear.
why Urls is not generated? and How can I get public Urls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PP_DP 

In your workspace in which has the copy report, you couldn't see the dataset.

When you save a copy from another workspace, it is like you are building a report by shared dataset.

For reference: Limitations of Publish to web from Power BI

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service. However, the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web:

• Reports using a shared dataset that is stored in a different workspace from the report.

In my test, the embed code will disappear as well.

1.png

You can try to publish this report to this workspace instead of saving a copy one.

Then Publish to Web is accessible.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vannda21
Helper I
Helper I

I've cloned the report using power bi datasets which I already published with the original report. And then I published the clone one to another workspace and I get an error like your case because in different workspace it can't find its own dataset.
So my solution: I publish the clone report to the same workspace with its own dataset and it works normally.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PP_DP 

In your workspace in which has the copy report, you couldn't see the dataset.

When you save a copy from another workspace, it is like you are building a report by shared dataset.

For reference: Limitations of Publish to web from Power BI

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service. However, the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web:

• Reports using a shared dataset that is stored in a different workspace from the report.

In my test, the embed code will disappear as well.

1.png

You can try to publish this report to this workspace instead of saving a copy one.

Then Publish to Web is accessible.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

KBO
MVP

Hi @PP_DP ,

I tested your scenario by myself and your right I can't do this either. Is this how it look like if you try this? publish to web a report copy.gif

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

KBO
MVP

Hi @PP_DP ,

first question why do you want publish to web? You know if you use this option I can find your report at google? 😉 

But back to your question:

1) Do you get any error message after publishing to web?

2) Do you check the embedded code section in the workspace?

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors