Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Workspace Dashboards/Report Name Cut Off

Anyone else notice lately the workspace report names are being cut off?  See image below.  Any way to resolve this?  Some of my report have dates at the end of the report title.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Noticed today that my report names are now working as expected.  This issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IamTDR  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I believe it’s a bug that needs to be corrected. I also noticed I now have to refresh my Firefox browser when viewing BI reports and flipping through report tabs.
IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Noticed today that my report names are now working as expected.  This issue has been resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is definitely a bug. Up until last week, the service did not do this. The character lengths also vary before they are cut off.  How can the default response be "full names aren't supported"? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is happening to me too. I find it very anoying.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IamTDR ,

It is not supported to show the whole report or dashboard names in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

As a workaround, you may let the cursor hover over the related name to see the whole name.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thats strange, as of earlier this week the full report name was available.  Its useful as I have several reports that by design are manually refreshed and I need to review the reports name to be sure I am refreshing the correct report.

Guess I'll just need to place my cursor over the report and read the tooltip. 

Tim

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors