Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brennum
Frequent Visitor

Workspace Contributor Publishes Report but can't manage permission

I have created a workspace for allowing team members to publish and share reports.  I don't want to make the members WS admins but would like to make a report publisher have the ability to grant access to the report.  When a member publishes a report, I, as an admin of the workspace, can view the report "manage permissions" screen as attached and the member publishing (green) is not listed as an owner and is not able to see the manage permissions.  How can I get the member to be the owner and the ability to use the manage permissions screen.  Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

brennum_0-1633015116347.png

brennum_2-1633015711680.png

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @brennum 

For a contributor to a workspace to share access to a report in that workspace they need to be given "Reshare" rights.

This is done at a report level withing the Workspace. 

As Admin, Click on the "More Options" on a Report and select "Manage Permissions"

Burningsuit_0-1633018954674.png

Then in "Manage Permissions" select "Direct access", click on the "more options" (...) next to the contributor you want and click "add reshare".

Burningsuit_2-1633019378025.png

That Contributor will then be able to share the report from the Workspace with others.

I've not found a way to do this for the whole Workspace. It needs to be done on each Report.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors